Friday, April 6, 2007

And Then There Were Two


Thermal is just clicking along, isn't it? Sometimes it surprises me how fast this thing is going. I'm sad to see that Alison is putting hers off; it's so easy and interesting to knit that I think everyone should give it a try. Seriously, I'm hoping this cold weather sticks around until I'm done so I can wear it. Actually, scratch that: it can stay cool, but not this cold. After temperatures in the 70s last week, this week's highs in the 30s has been a shock to say the least.


Anyway, the only things I'm having troubles with are the sleeve increases. I get distracted by the pattern or whatever I happen to be watching and then I lose count of the rows. So I've figured out a system of flaps on a piece of paper (as a sort of quasi abacus or counter) so I don't have to carry a pen around with me (am I the only one who ends up losing it or accidentally writing on something?), but even that isn't working very well. Any suggestions?


Here's some proof of how beautiful it was just a few short days ago - flowers and trees were budding, the grass was very bright, and we no longer needed any jackets. Now half of the country seems to be stuck in an early spring freeze. I sure hope it ends soon.

P.S. I must be a boring blogger - the weather seems to be an interesting subject for me.

P.P.S. I'm working on the pattern for the thing I mentioned a couple of posts ago, but I can't figure out how to save the chart in a format I can then upload. Any ideas?

No comments: