Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Bags

As they say, you can never have too many bags. I've always loved containers of any kind - boxes, baskets, pockets, jars, and bags. Of course, I've never been very good at fashion or wearing the latest style, but in a bit of research I've done, there aren't that many great knitted bags out there. I think we have the nature of the fabric against us - crochet can produce a much less stretchy fabric great for bags - but still. Knitting is so amazing and beautiful that it must be able to create some great bags.

I'm trying to whip up a little clutch pattern, something I'd definitely carry around and something I think is pretty cute and fun. It's in the picture there, the little purple thing.



I'm also working on one of the handbag patterns from Amy Karol's new book Bend-the-Rules Sewing, and I'm loving how it's turning out. I'm using some linen and batik leftovers, so it's also great for the budget.

Pretty soon I'll be off and running with some cool new accessories. What are your favorite bag patterns? I'm always up for knitting a few more.

No comments: