Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Adventures in the City, Part 2


Yesterday the Art Department took a field trip to Chicago to visit the Art Institute and some other galleries in the area, and I had a really good time, minus one very disgruntled security guard. This was my first time to the museum since starting to study painting seriously, so I found myself looking at the paintings in a whole new way, trying to figure out how they did it.


We took the whole day, but it was still rushed and I didn't see even half of what I wanted to. It was great, and also a good excuse to leave campus (I've been saying that a lot, haven't I?). I got a lot more excited about painting, though, and I think I want to pursue it more, even after school. I don't think I'm that great or anything, but I think I would like to try to figure out something to say and then say it through paint.


Anyway, on the knitting front, one down, seven to go. The yarn for Thermal is finally here and I'm going to start swatching while I finish up those mittens. Poor mittens, having to compete with a new project. I realized the other day that in spite of all the knitting I do, I don't have any sweaters that I made that I actually wear. So I'm hoping this one is different. Cross your fingers for me.

No comments: