Friday, May 11, 2007

It's Official


Thermal is nearly complete. Not one more stitch is needed - well, at least that's what I'm telling myself. It still needs to be sewn up, of course. After such a lovely knit it's hard to get excited about sewing the pieces togeter. Really, this is probably one of the most enjoyable things I've knit for quite some time, which is saying something because I had a mean miter and washcloth knitting stage thanks to Kay and Ann.



I know that this thing will need some blocking and right now I'm trying to decide if I should do it before I sew the sleaves in or after. I'm a smidge worried about the blocking process because I've never done it on a complete sweater before, I'm not in the best living space right now, and I don't have any of my serious knitting reference books with me. I'm hoping the blocking will calm down that collar too - why is it so wiggly?



And much to my joy and relief, the sleeves look like they'll fit into the sleeve holes. I've been in that boat too many times where for some reason or another my row gauge was different enough to affect how the pieces fit together.

I'm hoping to work on this this weekend, along with some other ideas and projects I have kicking around, but as always school is getting in the way. I have to keep reminding myself that I only have two more weeks and then one more year and then I can be done for a little while. Won't that be nice?

No comments: