Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Where's the Stitching and Bitching?

Thermal's just clicking along: I'm done with all the sleeve increases and have just a few more inches left to go. Then the other sleeve and the two fronts, and voila! A whole new sweater. I can't remember the last time I was this close to finishing a sweater I was actually still excited about this far into the process. That in itself is exciting.

I'm not sure yet if I like how the seaming is working out on the inside of the sleeve: something about it looks weird. The ribs don't line up together, sort of like stripes not matching. I do like that it is a recognizable "seam" and I probably won't change it on the next one, but I might if I ever make this pattern again.


Spring is finally here too, which is also very exciting. The weather has been warm enough to hang out outside, and some of the flowers are blooming. Soon the flowering trees will open, but not before some storms and cooler termperatures. I can't wait until it's really warm. But then I'll just wish for cooler weather again, especially after Thermal is done. I guess there's just no pleasing me.

P.S. Another first meeting of Stitch and Bitch was tonight, and again, not really anyone came. Is knitting going out of style? Is advertising the answer? All these and more, answered next week when we try again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

boo. i like your blog and you really make me want to do the thermal. i really need to finish that shawl first though. damn shawl. damn interesting knitting that starts out intersting and then gets less so... maybe next week will be a more interesting stitch and bitch. if not, you and i will entertain ourselves.
love.
courtney