Saturday, March 24, 2007

One Down

Picking up the Clapotis after such a long reprieve proves once again what a simple, beautiful design it is. Almost like riding a bike in fact. I hardly had to look at the pattern while I finished it up; it sort of explained itself. I like that in a design, being able to see how it's constructed, how it makes sense, what a decrease or a yarn over will eventually accomplish.

Pattern: the famous Clapotis
Yarn: Malabrigo Worsted in color 32 Jewel Blue, 2 skeins
Needles: Denise size 7
Modifications: Fewer repeats both width and length wise: I wanted more of a scarf than a wrap, and the second skein yielded much less length than the first, so it also wasn't as long as I was expecting. Still good though, 12" wide and almost 70" long, unstretched.

I haven't decided yet if I'm going to block it. I probably will because anything could use a nice light blocking to even out the stitches, and I can see where the dropped stitches could use some straightening, but I also like the wrinkly aspect of it. I like that it's not exactly flat. Any advice for light blocking? Is steam the way to go? Or a spritz with a spray bottle?

Next to the scarf is the first sleeve for Thermal, not because I've finished the body but because I needed something simple enough to work on while I watched a movie for class in a dark auditorium. A girl's got to be prepared.

No comments: