Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Curse and Blessing

Guy and I were talking the other day about spinning, yarn, and sheep. Now, Guy's a knitter, but only once every so often and he doesn't seem to be plauged by multiple projects or a love for yarn like I am, and I don't think he'd be very excited about even more kinds of fiber sharing our space. I admire those knitters out there that are expert spinners and dyers, and even those who are not and only want to know more about the craft and material that lead up to the knitting process, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to make the leap. I can't help but think that it would take precious time away from the needles.

I feel the same way about seaming. Tonight, as I looked at a few empty hours all I wanted to do was knit. Of course, I have quite a long list of unfinished projects with a self-imposed deadline, and I'd say more than half of them are actually pretty close to being done if I'd give them a bit more attention. When it comes right down to it, though, I'd rather be knitting something than not knitting something. I don't think new projects are all that inticing for me because they are new, just because they promise more time doing the repetivie motion I love so much. I think that's the curse of the Broadstreet Mittens - there's just too many fiddly parts keeping me from getting that motion going.

Anyway, I forced myself tonight to actually do some seaming. And I'm so glad I did.


Sorry for the horrible picture - there will be more to come in the next few days, I promise. But look at that seaming job! It looks great (the blessing part), if I do say so myself. I love how the ribs match up on that curvy part, and the whole thing fit without too much trouble. Look out world, I might just be wearing a Thermal in the next few days or so. Especially if the weather stays rainy and cool like it was today. What is up with this spring so far?

No comments: