Friday, May 25, 2007

Something Old and Something New

It's that time of year again. Like many bloggers out there, for the next week or so I'll be taking finals, writing papers, and presenting the work I've been doing all term. It's an exciting time, but not known for its time for knitting. I did finish sewing up the Thermal, but with all the clutter around here I don't have a good place to block it and leave it to dry, so I'll wait until I get home. I'm still madly in love with it though and I promise not to forget about it. This week will be crazy busy though, so you might not hear from me for a little bit - I'm moving back home, visiting with family, attending my sister's high school graduation, and trying to get settled again.

In the meantime, though, there's something very new and exciting. I finally got invited to Ravelry - the new knitting/crochet site that helps you organize everything from yarn and needles to which patterns you want to do next. I think this thing will be a godsend. I already added a few things, but I need to get a Flickr account set up which should make it easier. Something tells me that getting everything organized, labeled, and photographed will be a project all its own.

And, as a little taste, here's something that should be there soon:


Some Karabella Aurora 8 in the Sable color, which I'm hoping to make a Blustery with. I think it'd be the perfect addition to a soon-to-be-teacher's wardrobe, don't you?

Enjoy the long weekend!

No comments: