Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Lies

Okay, I lied. Turns out, in the few days I have off between classes and going home, I have some time to blog after all. Finals are finally over and I think for the most part they went well. I liked all of my classes this term and I worked really hard and I feel like I learned a lot. Now I just have to wait to see if my professors agree.

Now that the summer is officially under way for me, I'm bursting with ideas on how to spend the next few months and I'm excited to talk about it, so bear with me.

First of all, I want to knit more. I have so many ideas for patterns and yarns to try, in addition to some ideas for some new things I'd like to design.

This summer I also want to have time to paint, as I'm thinking of applying to graduate school and need to work on my portfolio.

I'd also love to take a few days trips to the zoo or art museum or whatever, sort of like a mini vacation.

Of course, I'll need to work and I want to see a few friends as well, so even with just those few goals I think the summer will be full indeed.

And as for knitting, I'm having a bit of a dilemma:


I was clicking along on the Print o' the Wave, loving it despite the mistakes I made at the very beginning, and I finished the body of the stole. I began picking up stitches for the border, but I got to the required 240 stitches on one side about 8 inches before the end of the stole. Of course, that meant I cleared the mistake I made at the beginning. And being the knitter I am, I thought of course I can just rip out from the bottom back until where I have the picked up stitches and then be just fine. I forgot though, that the beginning of knitting does not unravel like the end of knitting does, and now I have a mangled mess right at the beginning.

Take a deep breath: I might have to take out the whole thing and start over. I'm going to think about this a little longer and then probably take the plunge. I'm comforted knowing I probably wouldn't have been able to unravel like I wanted to and I definitely wouldn't have liked keeping that mistake.

1 comment:

Damian Black said...

Greaat reading your blog