Monday, September 17, 2007

Recovering, or, At Least Trying To

I had a beautiful weekend, after a somewhat trying week. I took over teaching some classes and I'm liking the kids and the projects a lot, but they're all taking a lot out of me and it's all I can do not to fall into bed right after getting home (hence the lack of pictures, sorry. I'll try harder tomorrow). But the kids are good and I'm excited about what they're learning and making, so it's all worth it.

Anyway, the weekend. I went out of town to visit some friends after school on Friday, where I had dinner with Guy and saw the apartment I will move into in January. On Saturday we all slept in (and inadvertently missed the Farmer's Market), but then I went to a barbecue, where the weather was perfect, and then went to a party later that night. Sunday I traveled home and took a nap after all the excitement. And now it's back to school again! It's funny how fast time is moving these days.

As for knitting, I have startitis. Ravelry and the new Knitty aren't helping. I absolutely love Henry and Totally Autumn, and Urchin and Mr. Greenjeans have definite possibilities. I love the neck detail on Neiman, but I'd change the fit of the whole thing. I could've passed on the constipated baby with an ill-fitting hat, but the toys are unbelievably cute.

No comments: