Sunday, September 30, 2007

Deep Breaths

The past two weeks have just flown by. School is very very busy and taking up a lot of my time. I'm having fun with it, but it's not good for blogging! Thankfully, since I'm teaching art, at least part of my day is making something and helping the kids make things (even if it's not of the yarn variety).

This week was unusually tough because of a bad cold I picked up somewhere, plus it was Homecoming week at school, meaning lots of activities were planned to keep me busy. Anyway, I spent most of this weekend resting, catching up on grading, and knitting a little something:



This is my Easy Flame Lace Scarf from Wendy Bernard, and it looks suspiciously just like hers, but I was gifted the Malabrigo Lace for my birthday and I didn't intend to copy her shamelessly. The pattern is great and easy to memorize, making this a great on the go project. I might be about half way right now and I'm hoping to finish it before it gets much colder. I might save this for a Christmas present too.

I hope you all had a good weekend, it's almost Monday! I'm going to try to post every day this week to get myself out of this posting slump I've found myself in. Some days I look around and wonder, why would anyone care about this? But I've learned that when I look for beauty and interesting things in my life, I usually find them. I'll put that to the test in the next few days. Wish me luck!

No comments: